Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Dream

Ever since I was a little boy I dreamed of this week. The first time I watched the Super Bowl I knew that was something special and to someday be a part of something like that would be life changing. My team did it. We accomplished something that I've only dreamed about. We are in the state title game. We are living the championship week. I am five days away from completing my dream. Now we just have to prepare and go for it.

The state title. Two great teams playing for the ultimate prize. Regardless of what happens I'm so proud of my team and all we have accomplished this year, as we are undefeated going into the final game. A little bit would be left behind if we don't win though. We have made history this entire year, and making it to this game has never been done before in school history. With being so successful brings a whole new challenge. That challenge is this week. We have prepared the last twelve months for this game, one final game. This game is not only important for us but also for our school, our city. Everyone is cheering for us in hope that someone from the east side of the state can finally take down a school from Des Moines. This is the year.

As each week has progressed in the playoffs the focus as became clearer and clearer. This week will be our most focused week of the season. We are going to put our best foot forth and have the best game plan of the year. As I said this is a dream for all of us. For many of us it has yet to sink in that we are of two teams left in this state. Out of 46 schools, we are one of the two. We have to get past the hype, enjoy the moment, but not dwell in it. If we focus on all of the activities happening around us we will ultimately not be prepared and watch the title slip from our fingers. I know here at Kennedy we will be prepared.

A dream has become a reality. I will enjoy every minute of the next week because I don't know if this chance will ever come around again. We will soak it all in and make memories that will last a lifetime within the next week. I've never been more proud of a group of guys than the group I will walk out of that tunnel with on Friday. As we have chanted all year, "It's our year, and I love it." Let's go make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment