Sunday, November 29, 2015

College Football Bowls

It's my favorite time of year...College Football Bowls! The excitement each one brings, the passion each team shows on the field, the support by all of the fan bases, it's unimaginable! None stop action of football every day during Christmas break and the thrill of upsets and celebrations.

Each year bowl season brings a whole different level of excitement to me and my family, and it's the time of year that I can sit down and enjoy college football and really get involved with the sport. During the season I'm participating in my own football and mix that with school and there isn't much time to watch it during the regular season. That's why bowl season is so rewarding and a fun time for myself. Also one of my favorite things is filling out a bowl sheet and predicting the winners. Each year my family and neighbors go in on a pool and play against each other seeing who can get the most games correct. Most of the time I do pretty well and this year I expect nothing different! It reminds me of March Madness, when everyone around the nation is filling out brackets hoping to be that one that wins every single game. What makes bowl season fun is, just like March Madness, upsets happen daily so fans have to sit on the edge of their seats for every game. Another reason why I can get so involved in the college football bowl games is because I'm on Christmas break. Every year Christmas break is the best, lasting two weeks, normally a little bit of snow on the ground so I can go sledding, and I get to hang out with friends and family the whole time. My family and I bond over the bowl games and it makes watching them that much more exciting because I get to compete and hopefully brag to my siblings. It's especially amusing when either Iowa or Iowa State makes a bowl game. This year only Iowa did but they made a great one! The Rose Bowl. Whenever one of our two teams make a bowl game we throw a party for that game, and most of the time that results in a great time and a great night of hanging with friends.

Finally I enjoy watching the college football bowls because I can feel the emotion and effort from each team. Sometimes watching the NFL teams don't try a week, or do things to be flashy and fancy for the fans. They always have another week ahead of them and if their team doesn't make the playoffs then they always have another year. In college football some teams don't make bowls very often, and for the seniors, most of them end their football career after that game. Watching them play is truly inspiring especially since now I am in their shoes. I have one year left of football. It still hasn't set in yet but after I watch these games over break I think I will finally feel the emotion of one year left. These teams put their all on the line for their fans and for themselves, and besides high school football, that doesn't happen.

I'm so excited to watch the upcoming games and can't wait to watch all of the greatest athletes around the nation compete with one another. College football is my favorite and it's because of the next three weeks. I can't wait to see, feel, and experience the emotions from every team this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment