Sunday, April 24, 2016

Household Soundtracks

When sitting at home what soundtracks do just listen to? Are they country? Hip hop? Classical? I listen to about anything and everything at my house and I'm going to explain famous soundtracks that everyone knows.

My famous soundtrack I listen to is the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. Because it is my favorite musical of all time I listen to it all the time! My favorite songs are Think of Me, the Phantom of the Opera, and All I Ask of You. These songs are so beautiful to listen to and allow me to relax. They are soothing. Also it reminds me of the time I went to the Phantom of the Opera Musical in Des Moines a couple years ago. No doubt the best thing I've ever seen and I would love to go again sometime. The significance of this soundtrack is that when people think of musicals, Phantom of the Opera is most likely in the top three options. It is iconic all around the world and is performed all over the United States. Also this musical has been such an influence on me that I'm singing a song from it for my vocal audition this upcoming year.

Another soundtrack I listen to is Mr. Misunderstood by Eric Church. Now this soundtrack is not nearly as popular because it is country music, but I love it. The story line of it is not the best because it is about a man who breaks up with his girlfriend and then gets a serious drinking problem, but the music is fantastic. There are upbeat dancing songs, slow thinking songs, and just good karaoke songs on this soundtrack that allow me to listen to it for hours. I've never seen Eric Church in person but if I ever get the chance to I will for sure go in a heartbeat.

Finally my last household soundtrack is Star Wars. Now many people will probably think Star Wars? How there aren't any words. That's the beauty of it. I can just sit, listen, and do homework or relax with this soundtrack on. I love the movies and still watch them all the time so it's basically the movie on the go. I can feel the action parts, the sad parts, and the intense dramatic parts of the movie, while relaxing in my own home. Everyone has heard of Star Wars also so this soundtrack is very popular.

Whether it be Broadway, country music straight from Nashville, or a soundtrack from a movie, I use soundtracks every day and enjoy listening to the story that the composer put into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment