Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Impact of Music

Music leaves an impact of everyone it touches. Whether you are high or low, the feelings come from listening to a piece of music. What purpose is music for though? Why does it make us feel the way we do?

Music surrounds us in our daily lives whether we know it or not. When we jump into the car, before a sporting event, in movies to bring dramatic attention, on television. Those are just a few examples of places we can find music on a daily basis. I intentionally bring more music into my life because I love both performing it and listening to it. I participate in four choirs at my school and enjoy watching musicals in my free time. I also incorporate listening to music on a daily basis by using a radio and headphones. Why is music so inspiring to me? Because every song is different. Different rhythms, different genres, different stories. The reason music is created is for entertainment, but the stories behind the lyrics is what separates music from all other types of entertainment. Music is able to set a mood of a person like nothing else. To me that's really cool.

The impact that music leaves on me is that it is me. Without music I wouldn't be who I am today and wouldn't be involved in all of the things I do. I wouldn't know so many friends of mine and wouldn't know the special talent I have inside of me. I also wouldn't have experienced the things I have without music. I've performed on the Grand Ole Opry stage in Nashville, Tennessee for goodness sake! That memory will never be forgotten and I was able to accomplish it through music. I've performed a family song with my sisters and my mom at my grandparents wedding anniversary, which has impacted me to this day. They loved that so much and still talk to us about it. Also I've known the feeling of creating great music with my choirs and ensembles. Its one thing to perform music, but it's another thing to make it. I've made it many times and I'm very blessed for that.

Music works wonders and it's everywhere! No matter the mood there is a genre for you and that's what's so intriguing about it. New music keeps coming out every day to relate to the current audience yet music from the past still takes control sometimes. The flame of music will always have an impact on someone and will never be put out.



No comments:

Post a Comment