Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Nashville, Tennessee

Home to country music, the one and only Nashville, Tennessee. I've been there twice now both for Show Choir Nationals, and both times I've left wanting more. I've been to some incredible cities in my life, Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Denver Colorado, but nothing beats Nashville, Tennessee. As you know from reading this blog the last few weeks I'm obsessed with country music. While walking down the streets in Nashville, there are at least two country bands in each bar and there are at least 30 bars down Broadway Street. Now figure out that math, and tell me why I feel in country music heaven.

To walk into these bars and think about the people who have performed there, the history is second to none. I walked into a bar named Tootsies the last two times I was there and I saw pictures of Rascal Flatts and Kenney Chesney on the wall. Those two singers are iconic in country music! Or the Honky Tonk. That bar name has been used in countless songs that I hear on the radio on a daily basis, and to walk into that place and feel the music being played in it was inspiring. Now not going to lie the city isn't that clean. It is a bar city for goodness sake, but the history and amount of famous people who have come out of the city is what makes it great. The country music hall of fame is located in that city. I went to that my first time there and it was incredible. Gold and Platinum albums lined the walls of all of the famous people who performed and represented that city on a national level.

Alongside Broadway Street there are also many different places you could go for a good time in Nashville. For example Bridgestone Arena, or the Tennessee Titans football stadium. The Nashville Predators hockey team and the Tennessee Titans are two household names throughout America and the city they call home is Nashville, Tennessee. I never was able to go to a game but I saw the effects of a Predators game and the whole city goes crazy for them. Bridgestone is home to all of their home games along with concerts of famous musicians. If not being performed in the Bridgestone, then the Grand Ole Opry is the home.

The Opry as talked about in a previous blog is nostalgic. Nothing beats the Grand Ole Opry. When I performed there for my Show Choir Nationals, I could feel the history in my body as I danced, I got a picture and danced part of our song on the famous "circle" on center stage. To think that every famous country legend from past until present has performed on that same spot is remarkable. And now my footprints are in the same spot.

Nashville, Tennessee. A city for the past, the present, and the future of performing great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment