Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Without the Seniors

As we all know the inevitable is upon us. The school year is ending. In many, many ways this is fantastic news and is worth getting excited about, but a touch of sadness creeps into our hearts as the days narrow down. In a blink of an eye all of my senior friends are going to be going to college and I'm going to be the senior. The oldest class, the big dogs of the school. In one month that becomes reality for me. Unfortunately this year will be harder than most because I've become very attached to our senior class and have created many friendships that will probably last a lifetime with them. If only they didn't have to leave.

As we all know I am involved in choir and football, hence from my blogs, and with that diversity allows me to meet a lot of different people and become friends with a lot of people. Going into next year I know there will be a lot of gaps from the seniors that are leaving, and most of them will probably never be able to be replaced. In football I have a lot of friends going off to do great things in college. Two friends of mine, Shaun Beyer and Dalles Jacobus, are going to play football at the University of Iowa. That is an incredible accomplishment! About four other friends of mine are going to go play division two football, and some are going to play baseball as well. To me that's incredible. I wish all of them luck next year and hope for them to be successful both on and off the field.

Choir is where I will miss the most people. The worst part about it is that in Moonlight Express and Chamber Choir, I will be the only returning bass in both groups. The rest were seniors. Two great friends of mine that I especially will miss are Brennan Urbi and Rizwan Sidhu. Those guys have taught me so much music in the last two years, and have been a fantastic influence on my high school career. I know they will both be very successful in college because their work ethics are second to none, and they are all around good people. I roomed with them in Nashville this past year which brought us closer than ever, and I know we will continue to be friends for a long time.

Walking around the hallways, hitting guys on the football field, and performing shows on stages will not be the same without this class of seniors. I'm as good of friends with some of them as I am with people in my own class, but as we all know, life will go on without them. A positive is that I'll get to know younger classmen now! I don't know hardly any of them so next year will be a fun experience in that aspect. The final negative to the seniors leaving is that I'll be one now. Most people don't think of that as a negative, but I see it as an end to a chapter. Sure the book has just begun, but those last four years are some of the best years of our lives, and it's almost done for me. The challenge I'm putting up to myself however is to be in a blog such as this. I want to be remembered by younger classmen as one of the best friends they have ever had, and have an impact on their lives. I can't wait to see what the future holds for me and all of the seniors about to leave Kennedy High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment