Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Family

My family is a music family. There is no other way to describe us! We all sing and we all dance, or at least try too. My mom and dad used to do choir, my older sister Danielle was about of all of the Kennedy choirs such as me, and my younger sister McKenna is a freshman at Kennedy and is many choirs as well. Music runs through our blood!

A few years ago my grandparents had their 30th wedding anniversary and we as a family we bound to make it memorable. They are probably my favorite grandparents so we wanted to do something big and something they have asked us to do for a while. Sing a song. We as a family have always been shy to sing in public as a group, but for this occasion we decided to just go for it. We got assistance from our middle school director David Griffin and he helped us arrange Stand By Me by Ben King. This song was emotional and allowed a great message to portray from us to our grandma and grandpa. We practiced the song for a couple weeks and then our performance day came. At the party was probably a hundred people in this gathering hall, eating, drinking, and having a great time. Then we walked out and said we had a special performance for them. We dedicated the song to them and their anniversary and began to sing. They cried the whole song. It was one of the very few times I've seen my grandpa and grandma cry, and I'll never forget it. That feeling we got afterwards was so genuine and warm, that the weeks of practice leading up to it was well worth it. My grandparents enjoyed it so much that an hour later they had us re-sing it again that way they could enjoy our beautiful music again. They also wanted to try not to cry, and let me tell you, that didn't happen! But the experience was incredible and is still talked about to this very day.

We are also very involved in music reality shows on television, such as the Voice, and American Idol. We love watching people going from nothing to a star, and enjoy hearing their own personal twists on legendary songs. Our favorite show for the longest time was American Idol, and our favorite season was number four, aka the "Carrie Underwood" season. She was so good and I knew from the start she was something special. That summer when they went on the top 10 tour around the country we went and saw them. Her and Bo Bice. One of the greatest concerts I've ever seen. Now this summer I'm going to a Carrie Underwood concert with my beautiful girlfriend, man how times change. But my family is always there when it comes to those shows, and I love them for it.

The support for my music is uplifting and encouraging. I wouldn't be who I am today without them and their love of music. They have worn off on me and now I'm a music freak. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the passion for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment